I've Signed Up, Now What?
Confirmation and Check-in Information
After you or your group receives the email confirmation assigning the date and time for decorating, we request you please report no later than 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start time! Time is needed at the site to purchase Petal Pushers clothing, to check-in by submitting the completed Group Check-In List, and to receive important safety information.
Check-in is at the Petal Pushers tent at the decorating site. Look for the Petal Pusher sign. This process can be expedited if the Check-in form is completed in advance and should always be completed for groups of 5 or more.
Phoenix Decorating Company
5400 Irwindale Ave at Ornelas Street
Irwindale, CA 91706
Parking is available in a nearby lot at 5440 Irwindale Ave (free), or on the streets around the building
Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to your scheduled start for sign-in, instructions, and placing your optional pizza order.
Health and Safety:
- All Petal Pushers MUST sign a Phoenix Decorating Release form. (Parents of minors must sign the form for their children.) It has been stated, that only volunteers with the signed release form will be allowed in the building. Others are to be turned away!
Each participant must bring a signed copy of the following liability release form: Click here to download the REQUIRED Release of Liability form.
A concession booth, run by The Lutheran Hour Float Committee, will be serving soda, coffee, hot chocolate, donuts, candy, and snacks.
Petal Pushers / Pizza Hut Meal Deal:
Your cost is $6.00 per order and includes a Pizza Hut individual pan pizza and a can of soda or bottled water. The pizza choices are cheese or cheese & pepperoni. Orders should be placed when you check-in for decorating.
In order to get everyone fed in a timely manner, a Pizza Order Form is requested to be completed prior to arrival. A group representative, who is responsible for the collection of money and to assist with the distribution of your order, should be selected . The pizza orders are scheduled to arrive at the lunch or dinner breaks at the Phoenix decorating barn. Please stay working until the lunch announcement has been made at each building.
There is NOT enough time to leave the campus to go get food during the meal breaks. Please plan accordingly.
Decorating Dress Code:
Dress WARM because it's often COLD in the warehouse. Buildings are NOT heated in order to keep the flowers at their best. Please dress accordingly.
Temperatures in Pasadena are cool this time of year (60s - 70s during the day, 50s at night). Rain is always a possibility, but since we are indoors you won't get wet;--however, this may make temperatures much cooler.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- All decorators MUST wear closed-toe shoes. Sandals/flip-flops/slippers/etc. are NOT safe and individuals without proper footwear will not be allowed in the building.
- A Petal Pushers T-shirt or sweatshirt is REQUIRED in order to gain admission to the decorating building during decorating week (December 26th - January 1st). These items can be purchased at the Phoenix decorating barn or pre-ordered HERE online.
- No radios, headsets, earbuds, or ear phones are allowed in the decorating buildings.
- Cell phones are not to be used inside the building.
- Parking is limited. Watch for and obey the "NO PARKING" signs. Your car may be towed or ticketed.
- Please be courteous to everyone. Be a good Christian witness.
- HAVE FUN!
- We look forward to meeting all of you. May the Lord bless all of you in your travels to Pasadena.